Gazpromís Headquarters hosted today a working meeting between Alexey Miller, Gazpromís Management Committee Chairman and Richard Paterson, Global Energy, Utilities & Mining Leader and Global Petroleum Leader for PricewaterhouseCoopers.
Mr. Paterson introduced John Gross, a new Leader of PricewaterhouseCoopers Auditís Energy and Utilities Practice in Russia, Central and Eastern Europe to Alexey Miller. In this tenure, J. Gross will oversee all corporate services rendered to Gazprom and ratify auditorsí reports on the Gazprom Groupís consolidated financial statements filed in accordance with the Russian and International Financial Reporting Standards.
Summing up joint activities for 2003, Alexey Miller and Richard Paterson particularly outlined the work done by PricewaterhouseCoopers Audit in devising the profit tax calculation fundamentals in accordance with the requirements envisaged in the Accounting Directive 18/02 and the progress in conducting an education and consultation Seminar on International Financial Reporting Standards.
The PricewaterhouseCoopers Audit International Group is one of the worldís leaders in rendering auditing and consulting services. The company renders its professional services in most countries of the world, Russia, inclusive, through a network of its international agencies.
Gazprom and PricewaterhouseCoopers Auditís cooperation began back in 1995. In the meantime, PricewaterhouseCoopers Auditís services rendered to Gazprom are as follows:
- auditing Gazpromís (parent companyís) financial accounts pursuant to the requirements of the Russian legislation;
- auditing the Gazprom Groupís annual consolidated financial accounts filed in accordance with the requirements of the Russian legislation;
- auditing the Gazprom Groupís annual consolidated financial accounts filed under the International Financial Accounting Standards;
- rendering consulting services in the accounting and taxation sectors as well as in a wide range of related spheres (assisting in bond issues arrangements, advising overseas subsidiaries etc.);
- PricewaterhouseCoopers Audit is also the auditor of Gazpromís largest subsidiaries.
Richard Paterson is currently the Global Energy, Utilities & Mining Leader and Global Petroleum Leader for PricewaterhouseCoopers. R. Paterson used to lead the companyís Energy and Utilities Practice in Central and Eastern Europe, including Russia. Mr. Paterson has a BA in marketing and an MBA in accounting from Michigan State University. He is also a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants.
John Gross has a 21-year experience of work in the energy sector. Before arriving in Russia, he worked for PricewaterhouseCoopers in Houston. J. Gross has gained extensive experience in audit management, mergers and acquisitions as well as consulting. Among Mr. Grossí Houston-based customers were such businesses as Exxon Mobil Corporation, BHP Billiton, Shlumberger Limited, Shell Oil Company and others. John Gross replaced Keith Rowden as the Leader of PricewaterhouseCoopers Auditís Energy and Utilities Practice in Russia, Central and Eastern Europe.
DIVISION OF RELATIONS WITH MASS MEDIA