According to the preliminary estimations Aeroflot freight carriages increase will exceed in 2004 the last year indicators by 30%. 50% revenue is expected as well.
In 2004 cargo carriages by freight flights are to bring more than 100 million dollars revenue, and by passenger flights – about 88 million dollars.
These results are achieved mostly by means of optimization of operating Aeroflot four freight planes DC-10-40. According to the preliminary results of 2004 freight shipment by these planes is to amount to about 57 000 tons, by passenger planes – about 84 000 tons. Average enplaned traffic of fright flights is to exceed 70%.
A number of organizational measures provided also the plan fulfillment.
- The company providing technical support had been changed; this resulted in significant increase properly functioning planes and higher flight regularity.
- In 2004 a new computer-aided system of freight carriage control SITA Super Cargo was introduced; this provided customers with tracing of freight movement on-line.
- The customer base was expanded significantly. Stable freight flight loading is provided by Aeroflot partnership with the largest shipping companies – SCHENKER, NIPPON EXPRESS, PAN ALPINA, DANZAS. In Germany a new joint venture, TRANSNAUTIC, was established; it specializes in freight carriages sales and controls 70% of the market from Germany to Russia.
- Further steps on the product quality and information technologies unification are to be made as regards to Aeroflot preparation for Sky Team Cargo Alliance joining. In 2004 new trade mark “Aeroflot Cargo” and “Aeroflot Cargo Express” was registered.
- In 2004 there was carried out a project – road feeder service – freight delivery by trucks to/from Hahn Airport (Germany) along Europe changing planes on regular freight flights of the airline company.
Aeroflot–Russian Airlines (RTS: AFLT) is the largest Russian Airline Company. The state owns 51 per cent of its stocks. It was established in 1923. It controls 11 per cent of home and 39 per cent of international market of air carriages of Russia. Favorable geographic location of RF, advanced system of regular passenger flights and representative offices, commercial rights, great potential and traditions accumulated by Aeroflot, qualified personnel are strategic advantages of the Company including its fright structure.
Among the world airline companies-IATA members Aeroflot is included in the list of 50 largest companies according to freight carriages; it is one of the airline companies combining carriages by flights of freight and passenger aircrafts. Regions of the prior importance in Aeroflot freight carriages development are SEA and Europe. The demands of other markets are satisfied through the system of passenger flights.
In 2003 Aeroflot-Russian Airlines freight carriages amounted to 109 900 tons of freight (in 2002 – 105 300 tons, 4.4% increase), post carriages achieved 4 246 400 tons.
Telephone in Moscow (095)903-91-16, in Hahn (496543)50-86-05/01/00.
© 2001 Aeroflot - Russian Airlines